Deep Cove Big Band, is a community band
1995 has been keeping the sounds and traditions of big band jazz alive
in the North Shore of British Columbia's Vancouver area.
the direction of Mark D'Angelo, the band practices regularly and
performs at dances, concerts, festivals, seniors centres and homes and
Band members wanting more
about upcoming gigs should log into Muzodo.
- July - August: regular rehearsals are on hold (but see below!)
- August 21, 7.30 pm Practice - St Agnes Church Hall, 530 12th Street E. North Vancouver
- August 26, noon (approximately!) - Deep Cove Daze, Panorama Park, Deep Cove
- September 11, 7.30 - first rehearsal after the summer break
- September 25, 7-8 pm - Churchill House, 150 West 29th
Street, North Vancouver
- October 16, 7-8 pm - Cedar Springs, 3633 Mt Seymour Parkway, North Vancouver
- November 6, 7 pm - Westerleigh Retirement Residence, 725 22nd Street, West Vancouver
- November 18, 2pm - Westcoast Big Band Festival, Northwood United Church, 8855 156 Street, Surrey
- Dec 31, 7 pm - Amica, 659 Clyde Ave, West Vancouver
band rehearses most Tuesday evenings (September-June) from
7:30-9:30 at North Vancouver's Sutherland Secondary School - 1860 Sutherland Avenue. Drop by and pay us
a visit - we are always looking for new members and subs!